Sunday, October 19, 2008

Southern French Lentil "Chili"

Here's Celia's 2008 entry. It didn't win, but in Celia's humble opinion, it was good! It's a variation on the theme of Feijoada, inspired by her trip to France last summer (2007). Basically, it's not a recipe, but a list of ingredients. That's how she cooks most of the time. :)

Southern French Lentil "Chili" by Celia

1. Brown the meat: I used lamb chunks and chicken sausage.

2. Saute the vegetables:
onions
peppers (I think I used cayennes and bell peppers. Basically, a mix of sweet and hot.)
garlic

3. Stew it in a big pot:
meat
veggie saute
tomatoes
red wine
lentils (black)
rosemary
oregano
cumin

4. Later on, add:
kale (cut into ribbons)
parsley
(I can't remember if I added cilantro or not, but do so if you like!)

5. Enjoy it!

No comments: